Stretchy, melty vegan mozzarella cheese thats incredibly easy to make with just 8 simple ingredients! Perfect for pizza, pasta, grilled cheese, and more!
- 1/2 scant cup hot water (100ml)
- 1/2 cup oat milk (120ml // or soy milk)
- 2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice (10g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast (10g)
- 1 ½ tsp mustard (7g)
- 1/3 cup cooked short grain rice (65g)
- 3/4 cup glutinous rice flour (100g)
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked (45g)
- 1 tsp salt
- Add everything to a high speed blender on high for about 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy. There should be no visible cashew or rice bits.
- It’s ready as is and can be used as is over casseroles, mad and cheese, pasta bakes, pizza and anything you would top cheese with.
- For a firmer cheese, transfer the mixture to a saucepan over medium low heat. Use a whisk to stir continuously as it will thicken relatively quickly. Do not stop stirring once it is hot or it will burn at the bottom and leave clumps. Once thick, remove from the heat immediently and transfer to a storing container. Allow it to cool and then use it for grill cheese sandwiches, pizza and more.
- Category: homemade
- Method: blending
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp (30g)
- Calories: 55.6
- Sugar: 0.21g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.29g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.98g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan cheese, vegan mozzarella cheese, melty vegan cheese, vegan grill cheese, dairy free cheese