Melon Pan Toast — a quick and easy version of melon pan! Sugar cookie topping over a slice of perfectly toasted bread, SO GOOD.
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar (24g)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted (32g)
- 4 – 5 tbsp cake flour (36g // or gluten free all purpose blend)
Healthier Gluten Free Version
- Mix the cane sugar, vegan butter, and lesser amount of cake flour in a bowl until a sticky cookie dough forms. If the spead is too runny, add remaining flour 1 tsp at a time. Spread over two slices of bread. With a sharp knife, make hatch marks like melon pan. Sprinkle some more sugar on top (optional).
- Toast in a toaster oven for 5 minutes or bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes until crispy and slightly golden brown.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) for the original version.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 328
- Sugar: 13.7g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46.6g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: melon pan, vegan, gluten free, cookie toast, melon pan toast