This Mango Coconut Tofu Curry is creamy and spicy, yet perfectly balanced with freshness and sweetness thanks to the fresh mango purée. A super easy 30 minute vegan curry, perfect for the spring and summer season!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 small onions (150g)
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed (450g)
- 4–5 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 13 oz can coconut milk*
- 3/4 – 1 c cup veg broth
- 1 large mango (around 3/4–1 cup of flesh)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes/chili flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (210g)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (250g)
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into florets (200-250g)
- To Serve: Jasmine rice, fresh cilantro, green onion tops and lime wedges
- In a large shallow pan fry garlic, ginger, onion and chili over medium high heat until onions are slightly translucent. Add in the tofu and pan fry until browned (around 3-5 minutes). Add in the curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes (or until fragrant).
- Add in the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Stir to dissolve the curry paste and allow the curry to come to a simmer. Add in the mango puree, soy sauce and lime juice. Add in the bell peppers and broccoli. Then, turn the heat down to a medium and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Taste & adjust seasoning by adding in more soy sauce, lime juice chili and salt.
- Serve with jasmine rice and top with cilantro and lime wedges.
*Lower fat variation: you can substitute some coconut milk for soy milk and/or coconut yogurt. When substituting, I usually do: 100ml coconut milk, 100ml coconut yogurt & 200ml soy milk
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 1603mg
- Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated Fat: 15.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36.3g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan mango coconut curry