Mega flavourful kimchi tofu scramble thats high in plant based protein, easy to make and ready in 15 minutes!
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup non dairy milk (83ml-120ml)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (30ml // or tamari for gluten free)
- 2 tbsp cashew butter or Asian sesame butter (32g)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (8g)
- 1 tsp miso paste (5g // optional for more flavour)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, optional for colour
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 package of extra firm or firm tofu, patted dry (200g)
- 1 block of soft tofu (200g)
- 1 cup kimchi 150g
- 3 scallions, sliced
- optional: 2 cups spinach
- Blend the sauce ingredients until smooth, starting with 1/3 cup of water.
- Remove the tofu from the package and place between lint-free towels. Gently press the tofu until dry. You could also press the tofu for 10-15 minutes.
- Over medium high heat, crumble the tofu into a large pan. Add the soft tofu and break into large chunks with a wooden spoon. Pour in the sauce and gently stir until combined. Reduce heat to medium and add white parts of the scallions. Cook without mixing for 3 minutes, making sure it doesn’t burn. Add remaining water 1 tbsp at a time if needed to prevent mixture from burning. Once most of the eggy sauce has been evaporated to the consistency you like, turn off the heat and stir in kimchi. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, korean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 1196mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.9g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: kimchi scramble, kimchi tofu, scrambled tofu