- Generously spread vegan butter on both slices of bread (this side will touch the pan). I also like to spread a thin coat on the other side, but thats optional.
- Place one slice on a pan over medium high heat. Spread the vegan mozzarella and then top with the kimchi. Add one more layer of vegan cheese and then place the last side of buttered bread on top.
- Reduce heat to medium low and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden and crispy. Carefully flip the sandwich and continue to cook the other side for about 3-4 minutes. Once golden and toasty, remove from pan, slice and enjoy!
- *I used my homemade vegan mozzarella cheese for this recipe which is what makes it melty like traditional grill cheese. You may also use store bought shredded cheese or cheese slices.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: brunch
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, korean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
Keywords: kimchi grilled cheese, vegan grilled cheese, spicy grilled cheese