- 3 Mini Cucumbers (or 2 Japanese cucumbers) (200g)
- 4 tbsp ponzu (60ml)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (12g)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds, optional
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove ends of cucumbers.
- Place chopsticks on each side of the cucumbers and make diagonal cuts (about 1mm thickness) all the way. Flip to other side without changing direction and slice diagonally again.
- Slice into bite size pieces.
- Mix salt and water. Add cucumbers and massage the salty water into the cucumbers. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix seasoning ingredients into a bag. Remove cucumbers and squeeze excess moisture out. Add it to the seasoning back and remove air. Seal and allow it to pickle in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Add it to a bowl, garnish with sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: side dish
- Method: pickling
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese
Keywords: pickled cucumbers