These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins are fluffy, moist and perfectly sweetened. Made with oatmeal, fresh pumpkin and lots of fall spices. The perfect healthy breakfast or snack made in 1 bowl in under 30 minutes!
- 1/2 lbs kabocha flesh (250 raw weight), cooked*
- 1/4 cup almond milk (62ml)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (60g)
- 3 tbsp almond butter (45g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100g)
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice OR apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup + 3 tbsp gluten free rolled oats, blended into a fine flour (135g)**
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch (15g)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven ton 425F. Grease or line your muffin tin. For this recipe, I used a jumbo muffin pan that yields 6 muffins but you can use any sized muffin pan.
- Into a large bowl, add in the kabocha (or pumpkin) puree, coconut cream, almond milk, vanilla, lemon juice and coconut sugar and whisk together until combined.
- Sift in the oat flour, corn starch, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda. Using a large spatula, fold in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Fill muffin molds 1 cm before it reaches the edge.
- Place into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375 and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Be sure to rotate the pan half way during the baking time to encourage even baking. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick in the centre of one muffin, it should come out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes on a cooling rack. Then carefully remove each muffin, place on the cooling rack and allow to fully cool.
The raw weight of your kabocha or pumpkin should be around 250g. After cooked, it should weigh around 235g. If you find your pumpkin is quite watery, quickly strain it through a sieve.
If using pre-made oat flour, measure out 1 cup + 2 tbsp of oat flour (135g).
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 19.31
- Sodium: 9.66
- Fat: 9.2
- Saturated Fat: 3.64
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 39.6
- Fiber: 3.7
- Protein: 5.46
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: pumpkin puree, kabocha, healthy muffins, gluten free