Healthy apple cinnamon muffins made with oats, almond butter and lightly sweetened with maple syrup! Perfectly moist, studded with chunks of apples and kissed with a touch of cinnamon.
- 1 medium apple, divided (180g total without core)
- 3 tbsp drippy almond butter (45g)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (60g)*
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk (60ml)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (10g)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7g)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (150g // gluten free as needed)
- 2 tbsp potato starch (18g // optional, sub oat flour if needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7g)
- 3/4 cup baking soda (3g)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (7g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F (220 C). Line or grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Chop the apple and dice 1/3 of the apple into small pieces. Add remaining apple to a high speed blender along with the almond butter, maple syrup, non dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. Add the oats, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and blend until smooth and oats are broken down. If you do not have a high speed blender, please read the blog post notes for 2 alternative methods.
- Add the diced apples and mix until combined. Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups (about 85-90g each). Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F (180 C) and bake for another 16-18 minutes or until tops are golden brown and spring to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 3 minutes. Transfer muffins onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy!
- *These muffins are lightly sweetened. If you prefer sweeter muffins, add 2-3 tbsp of coconut sugar or any dry sugar of your choice.
- Helpful Equipment: high speed blender, spatula, 6 cup muffin tin, mixing bowls, whisk, muffin liners
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without the glaze.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 9.4
- Sodium: 800
- Fat: 6.1
- Saturated Fat: 0.3
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32.8
- Fiber: 1.6
- Protein: 5.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: gluten free vegan apple muffins, healthy apple muffins, apple cinnamon muffins, apple oatmeal muffins, flourless blender muffins