Ultra silky, creamy and delicately custardy soy milk pudding infused with a hint of ginger. This ginger milk curd is the perfect healthy & nourishing sweet treat!
- Grate the ginger and then squeeze out the juice until you have 1 tablespoon. Add the ginger juice to a glass bowl. Feel free to adjust the amount if making more than 1 serving. Prepare your steamer and begin heating up the water.
- Heat soy milk in a small pot over medium heat until just boiling. Turn off the heat and remove from burner. Mix the ginger juice (making sure the starch is not collected at the bottom) and then pour the soy milk directly over the ginger juice. Try to start a little higher up on the bowl as this helps mix the ginger and soy milk better. Place the bowl into the steamer and steam for 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately if serving warm. If serving chilled, allow it to come to room temperature and then keep in the refrigerator covered.
- * I highly recommend using a thicker homemade soy milk for this. My homemade soy milk recipe with the ratios provided is perfect for this recipe.
- Helpful Equipment: steamer basket, grater, strainer, whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: dessert
- Method: steaming
- Cuisine: vegan, chinese, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 4.7
- Sodium: 96mg
- Fat: 4.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13.7
- Fiber: 2.8
- Protein: 8.5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: soy milk pudding, tofu pudding, ginger milk curd, ginger milk pudding