This Flourless Chocolate Rum Cake is fudgy and decadent with a boozy kick to it. Incredibly quick and easy to prepare, it’s the perfect vegan chocolate cake for any holiday menu!
- 1/4 cup hazelnut butter (60g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100g)
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder (25g)
- 1 10oz package of soft tofu, room temperature (280g)
- 1/4 cup rum, room temperature (60ml // substitute black coffee for non-alcoholic cake)
- 6.5 oz high quality dark chocolate, melted (182g)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2.5g)
- 1 1/3 cup hazelnut meal (150g // or almond meal)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch (16g)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line or grease a 8×8 inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Into a food processor, add in the hazelnut butter, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, soft tofu and rum. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the melted dark chocolate and blend until smooth, scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Add in the hazelnut meal, tapioca starch and baking powder. Blend until combined and a uniform thick batter forms.
- Quickly transfer the batter into the spring form pan and smooth out the tops. Be sure to work quickly as the chocolate will begin to firm up.
- Bake in the oven for 38-40 minutes. Let it cool on the counter until room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours- preferably overnight. Dust with cocoa powder and serve alone or with coconut whip cream.
- How to Store/Make Ahead: Once completely cooled, tightly wrap or cover with a lid. Place in the fridge for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge when ready to eat. Dust with cocoa powder/powdered sugar before serving.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 15.6
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 5.3
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 4.45
- Protein: 9.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: flourless chocolate cake, vegan chocolate cake, gluten free, holiday desserts, christmas, new years