This healthy banana bread recipe is ultra moist, fluffy and Easy to make with a handful of wholesome ingredients. Great for breakfast, snacking and meal prep! (Vegan, gluten free, oil free & refined sugar free).
- 1 scant cup mashed super ripe bananas (200g // about 1 1/2 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp drippy tahini (90g // or any runny nut butter)
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk (180g // or any dairy free milk)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup (60g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10g)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (10g)
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp fine oat flour (140g // store bought or homemade)
- 2/3 + 2 tbsp cup white rice flour (120g)
- 2 tbsp potato starch (30g // not potato flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line or grease a 8×4 inch loaf tin.
- Into a large mixing bowl, weigh in the bananas and mash until pureed. You could also blend the bananas until smooth if you prefer a uniform banana bread with no chunks of bananas. Pour in the tahini, dairy free milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar and whisk until combined.
- Add in the oat flour, rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes. If you have a nice golden crust on the top already, place tin foil over the loaf and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until it’s springy to the touch and skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Total baking time should be about 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then carefully remove the banana bread out of the loaf pan. Be sure to run a dull knife around the edges where the banana bread is touching the pan without parchment paper between it. Place on a wire rack and allow the bread to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 217mg
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.9g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41.4g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: healthy banana bread, vegan banana bread, gluten free banana bread