This Easy Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread is moist, fluffy & incredibly delicious. Made with just 10 pantry staple ingredients and all in 1-bowl! A healthy breakfast option that is also oil free and refined sugar free.
- 3 bananas (360g)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (66g)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk (62g)
- 1/4 cup drippy peanut butter (64g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (OR lemon juice)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 flax egg
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour or all purpose gluten free flour (180g // see blog post above for notes)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Measure 350g of bananas into a large mixing bowl and then mash well. Add in the canned coconut milk, peanut butter, coconut sugar, flax egg, vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Stir until everything is well combined. Sift in the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Using a spatula, fold until everything is well combined. Transfer mix into a lined 8×4 inch loaf pan and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and then cover with aluminum foil and place back into the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown or tooth pick comes out clean.
- Optionally brush with some maple syrup. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully take it out of the pan onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 130g
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 17.86
- Fat: 8.7
- Carbohydrates: 45.5
- Protein: 5.9
Keywords: vegan banana bread, gluten free