Easy Falafel Recipe made with just 7 ingredients without deep frying! Using canned chickpeas to save time and can be prepared in the oven, on the stove or an air fryer. Naturally vegan, gluten free and packed with protein.
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. Scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed. Mixture should hold together when pressed between your fingers.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions and roll into a ball. Keep them as is or flatten them into small patties (as shown in the photos).
- TO BAKE: Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Flip the falafels and bake for another 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- TO AIR FIR FRY: Air fry at 375 F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on the outside, shaking the basket half way.
- TO PAN FRY: Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto a large skillet over medium high heat and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately in buddha bowls, pitas, wraps, sandwiches, salads and more!
- How to Store: Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days covered in an air tight container. Alternatively freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, let them thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for a couple of minutes and bake in a toaster oven or air fryer at 350 F for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Helpful Tools: food processor, spatula, air fryer, baking tray, silicon baking sheet, parchment paper
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: baking, air fryer, stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, middle eastern
- Serving Size: 1 falafel
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 2gg
- Sodium: 245mg
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11.7g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: falafel recipe, chickpea balls