Learn how to make super fluffy whipped coffee easily at home with the best tips, tricks and just 3 pantry staple ingredients! (Vegan)
- 1 part // 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 part // 2 tbsp granulated sugar (see notes above for the types of sugars that work)
- 1 – 1.5 part // 2 – 3 tbsp hot water or milk (see tip #2 in the notes above for different ratios of water you can use that changes the texture)
- milk of choice (about 1 cup per serving // I find cashew milk the best)
- In a tall glass (I like to use a jar) add in the instant coffee, granulated sugar, any flavourings if using and hot water/milk. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk the mixture until frothy (see notes in blog post for best equipment). Depending on the appliance/equipment you use, this can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes (see notes).
- For an iced coffee, add ice to a cup, pour milk into the cup and top it off with about 1/3 of the whipped coffee. For a hot version, heat the milk and then add whipped coffee on top. Stir the frothy coffee throughly into the milk to desired consistently.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you find the bottom of the jar losing its fluffiness, re-whip until frothy again.
- For Drip Coffee: Use 2 tbsp of strong espresso + 2 tbsp of sugar and whisk until foamy.
- Helpful Equipment: electric hand mixer (my personal favourite), strong milk frother, stand mixer, matcha whisk, whisk, mason jar
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) for just the whipped coffee.
- Category: beverages
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 8.6mg
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: whipped coffee, dalgona coffee, frothy coffee, fluffy coffee, vegan iced coffee, dairy free coffee, cloud coffee