A coffee-free twist on the famous Dalgona Coffee: Dalgona Chocolate! Perfect for hot chocolate or chocolate lattes.
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (80ml)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g // can also use cacao powder)
- 3 tbsp confectioners sugar (22g // or 2 tbsp granulated sugar)*
Coffee Layer (Optional)
- 1 cup non dairy milk, cold or heated (240ml)
- cocoa powder for dusting on top
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Using a stand mix or hand held mixer, whip aquafaba in a medium to large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Sift in the cream of tar tar and continue to whip for another 1 minute. Sift in powdered sugar and whip for another minute. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and sift for another 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
To Make a Latte
- Add instant coffee, hot water and 1 tbsp of sugar into a cup and mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup of ice and then slowly pour in the non dairy milk to achieve layers of coffee and milk. If you want a warm latte, omit the ice. Top with whipped chocolate and serve.
To Make Whipped Hot Chocolate
- Hot Version: Warm up 1 cup of non dairy milk and then add whipped chocolate on top.
- Cold Version: Add 1 cup of ice to a glass and pour in 1 cup of milk. Then top it off with whipped chocolate.
- Transfer whipped chocolate into ice cube trays or a freezer safe container. When ready, pop the whipped chocolate out of the ice cube trays (or scoop it out of the container) and add to any drink!
- *To make your own confectioners sugar (also called icing or powdered sugar): blend 1/2 cup of granulated sugar until fine and powdery.
- Helpful Equipment: stand mixer, electric hand mixer, spatula, ice cube trays
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) for just the dalgona chocolate.
- Category: beverages
- Method: mixer
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, korean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 11.3g
- Sodium: 2.75mg
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.25g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: dalgona coffee, whipped coffee, chocolate latte, dairy free latte