Learn how to make tofu taste delicious with this crispy sweet and sour tofu recipe thats healthy and better than take out in under 20 minutes! (Vegan + gluten free)
- Once the tofu has fully thawed, remove from the package and drain excess liquid. Then cut into 3/4 inch cubes. If you have fresh tofu that hasn’t been frozen, press for 15 minutes using a tofu press or by placing it between two clean towels and placing a heavy object on top. Then dust corn starch over the tofu until lightly coated.
- Air fryer method: Air fry at 400 F for 5 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket and then air fry for another 3-4 minutes until lightly golden.
- Oven method: Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Flip the pieces of tofu and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- While the tofu is baking, chop the bell peppers and onions into 1/2-3/4 inch pieces. Prepare the sweet and sour sauce if you don’t have any on hand.
- Heat a large pan or woke over high heat and fry the onions for In a large pan or wok over high heat, fry the onions for 2-3 minutes. Add in the bell peppers and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the tofu and the sweet and sour sauce and toss until everything is well coated in the sauce. Remove pan from heat and serve over rice.
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 18.6
- Sodium: 342mg
- Fat: 8.3
- Saturated Fat: 1.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 32.4
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 15.2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: sweet and sour tofu, asian vegan recipes, tofu recipes