Easy vegan mayo corn udon made in the microwave for a quick weeknight meal! Creamy, sweet and a touch of heat for a spicy flare.
- 1 package frozen udon noodles (250g)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp vegan mentsuyu (OR ½ tsp mushroom stock powder, 2 tsp soy sauce & 1 tsp sugar)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 scallion, whites and greens seperated
- 1 heaping tbsp vegan mayo
- ¼ cup corn
- shredded nori (kizami nori)
- Optional: spicy mustard and togarashi (Japanese chili spice)
- Place frozen udon in a bowl with butter, noodle soup base and garlic powder. Microwave for 2 minutes on high (or until udon is almost thawed and cooked. Microwave the corn and white part of the scallions for 45-60 seconds. Stir in vegan kewpie mayonnaise and green parts of the scallions. Serve with nori and togarashi.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: entree
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, japanese