This Cheez-It granola is cheesy, crispy and perfectly salty. A healthy and nutritious alternative to boxed Cheeze-Its! Just 7 plant based ingredients needed for this easy savory granola that can be used as a topping or to snack on its own.
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (60g)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (20-40g)*
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats (100g)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (35g)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (28)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (32g)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt1/3-1/2 cup roasted chickpeas (40-60g)**
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C)
- In to a large bowl add in the aquafaba, maple syrup, garlic powder and pinch of cayenne if using. Mix until combined. Then add in the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until all the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and place into the oven for 15 minutes. Rotate the tray and place in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes. Check on it at 15 minutes, it should look lightly toasty. If needed, give it another 2-5 minutes in the oven.
- Allow it to cool completely. Mix in the roasted chickpeas. Eat immediately or store in a air tight container for up to 1 week.
- *If you enjoy a less sweeter flavour, reduce to 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- **I recommend using chickpeas that have already been roasted. Using canned chickpeas requires a higher baking temperature and more time so it will not evenly crisp up. I like to use these chickpea snacks, or make some roasted chickpeas ahead of time to add in.