These Cashew Butter Blondies are thick, chewy and made with just 7 simple ingredients! SO GOOD. Vegan, gluten free and oil free.
Friends of the internet, gather around this golden gem.
By golden gem I mean these cashew butter blondies cause just look at her- she glowin’ and GOLDEN. Just how perfect blondies should be:
- Chewy. SO CHEWY.
- Thick. She THICCC (we’re speaking double C’s ya’ll)
- Sweet. Not sickly sweet, perfectly sweet.
- Easy to make.
- Easy to share.
- Easy to eat 3 or 6 in a row.
These are SO gooooood.
Wait wait, it gets better cause these blondies are also:
- gluten free
- dairy free
- oil free
- refined sugar free
What?? HOW CAN THAT BE?? Time to find out.
What You Need
- Cashew Butter: My favourite nut butter for these blondies. It’s the most neutral and doesn’t over powder the caramel-butter scotch flavour. You can use any nut butter / seed butter of choice but they won’t be cashew butter blondies anymore. Still delicious though 🙂
- Coconut Sugar: Gives these blondies it’s rich caramel-butterscotch flavour.
- Molasses: Helps with the thick and chewy factor.
- Cashew Milk: Or any plant based milk.
- Oat Flour: Gives these a nice chewy texture. I have also made this with gluten free all purpose flour.
In addition to these ingredients you’ll also need baking basics like vanilla, baking powder and salt.
I added chocolate chips for a nice touch but it isn’t necessary (or is it??).
How to Make Cashew Butter Blondies
I said these cashew butter blondies are easy to make and I make no joke. It took me less than 4 minutes to put together:
- First we gotta make a rich caramel-butterscotch-like sauce so add all the wet ingredients into a bowl and whisk it up.
- Then we add in the dry ingredients until a ooey-gooey batter forms.
- Transfer the batter into a baking tin. I used a 6×6 inch baking tin which helps thicken these baddies up.
- Bake for around 22-25 minutes- just until golden around the edges.
I think the most difficult part is waiting because your kitchen will literally smell like vanilla-blondie heaven as it bakes up.
Tips for PERFECT Golden Cashew Butter Blondies
- Baking Pan Size: I used a 6×6 inch baking tin which was perfect to get that thick and chewy texture I was going for. You can also use a 7×7 or 8×8 inch baking tin but note that they will be thinner. Reduce baking time by 2-3 minutes.
- Blondie Baking Time: Lower baking time (22 minutes) will yield a richer chewy texture whereas a higher baking time (25 minutes) will yield a more cookie-like texture. I like to bake it for 23 minutes to get that ooey-gooey middle but cookie like texture around the edges.
- For Cake-y Blondies: I personally like blondies thick (like fudgy brownies) but if you like a cake-y her consistency, add in an additional 1/4 cup of oat flour.
How to Store Nut Butter Blondies
- Room Temperature: In an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- Refrigerator: for up to 1 week.
- Freezer: for up to 2 months.
These blondies are insanely delicious and I can’t wait for you to try them!
Make a batch now, for game day AND for valentines day.
Share & impress your friends with them.
Make them in the morning or midnight when you need a little somethin’ somethin’. These are perfect for any occasion.
More Vegan Desserts You Need in Your Life:
- Vegan Caramel Black Bean Brownies
- BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Flourless Chocolate Rum Cake
- Date Sweetened Peanut Butter Cookies (5 Ingredients)
- Flourless Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
If you recreate this Cashew Butter Blondies recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!
These Cashew Butter Blondies are chewy, thick and made with just 7 simple ingredients! Vegan, gluten free and oil free.
- 2/3 cup cashew butter (166g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100g)*
- 1 tbsp molasses (20g)
- 1/3 cup cashew milk (83ml // can substitute any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10ml)
- 3/4 cup fine oat flour (90g // homemade or store bought // can use gluten free all purpose or all purpose flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2.5g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping, optional (45g)
- flaky salt for topping, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: Into a large bowl add in the cashew butter, coconut sugar, molasses, cashew milk and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: Add in the oat flour, baking powder and salt and mix until a batter forms.
- Bake: Pour into a parchment lined 7×7 inch baking pan. Top with chocolate chips if using. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from baking tin and cool on wire rack for an additional 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- Storage: air tight container at room temperature for 2-3 days, in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Helpful Equipment: 6×6 Inch Baking Pan, whisk, mixing bowl, spatula, parchment paper
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without chocolate chips.
- Category: sweets, dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 13.3g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24.4g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: cashew butter blondies, nut butter blondies, healthy blondies
SAVE IT FOR LATER! ↓
Okonomi Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. When you purchase something through my amazon affiliate links, I earn a small commission that helps me produce consistent content at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting my plant based kitchen!