Sweet and gooey apples are stuffed into a soft, fluffy cinnamon roll, and drizzled with a homemade caramel. A sweet and delicious vegan dessert to bring to any holiday party!
- 2 1/2 gluten free flour blend OR bread flour (300g)
- 3 tbsp sugar (g)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (45g)
- 1.5 tsp bread yeast
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup soy milk (180-200g)
- 3 small apples (300g)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pecan (80g)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (10g), divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar (50g)
- 1 cup coconut cream (200 ml)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (65g)
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Into your bread maker add in the bread ingredients and let it knead for the given time. For the soy milk, add lesser amount first (180ml) and watch to see if it combines. If it looks dry, add in a little more milk. (If doing by hand, knead the dough until combined, cover and let it rise until doubled in size)
- In the meantime, peel and cut your apples. Mix in 1 tsp of cinnamon and lemon juice. Nuke in the microwave for 6 minutes and allow it to cool.
- For the caramel sauce (OPTIONAL, you can use store bought too!): On medium high heat, in a small sauce pan add in the coconut sugar and stir. Then add in the coconut cream or milk, and whisk until it starts to lightly simmer. Add in the salt and vanilla and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes, then add in the corn starch and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Once the bread has risen, flour your working surface. Punch the bread dough down and knead it with your hands for a couple of minutes. Roll it out into a rectangle and sprinkle on the sugar, cinnamon and pecan evenly. Then add on the cooked apples. Roll it up tightly and cut into 6 pieces. Place them into a 7×11 inch pan, cover and let it rise until 1.5 in size (around 20-30 minutes)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (350F). Once the bread has risen, place into the oven for 20 minutes, rotating the tray half way.
- Drizzle on the caramel sauce and sprinkle more crushed pecans before serving.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: caramel apple, cinnamon rolls, gluten free