This no-knead bubble bread is super soft, fluffy and subtly sweet. Easy to make and make ahead friendly!
- 1 1/4 cups (170g) bread flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tsp (130ml) soy milk
- 2 tsp (8g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (25g) coconut condensed milk*
- 1/2 tsp (2g) instant dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp (2g) salt
- 2 tsp (8g) unsalted butter
- If using soy milk straight out of the refrigerator, microwave for 20 seconds or until slightly warmer than room temperature. Add warm soy milk to a bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. Roll the bowl to submerge the yeast. Add in sugar, condensed milk, salt and melted butter. Give it a quick whisk and then add in the flour, Use a wooden spoon utensil and mix together until just combined. Then use a spatula and mix together until no more flour remains and then cover.
- QUICKER VERSION: Leave at room temperature for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until double in size.
- OVERNIGHT VERSION: Place in refrigerator for 12-15 hours. When ready, take it out of the refrigerator and let it proof in the oven with the lights on for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until double in size.
- The dough will be quite sticky (this is normal). Dust the dough, working surface and hands with flour to prevent sticking. Degas the dough by pressing the air pockets out with your hands while shaping and speeding it into a square. Cut it into strips and then into small pieces. They do not have to be the same size or weight, about 6-15g each (about 30 pieces total). Place them onto a lined baking tray 1/2 cm apart from each other.
- Place into your oven with lights on and let it rise until double in size (about 30-60 minutes).
- Pre-heat your oven to 160 C (320 F). Right before putting into the oven, brush with soy milk. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until nice and golden on top. Transfer to a wire rack and immediately brush melted butter on top. Serve and enjoy!
- If no condensed milk use 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp + 2 tsp (145ml) soy milk and 1 1/2 tbsp (21g) sugar.
- Helpful Equipment: parchment muffin liners, 12 cup muffin tin, spatula, mixing bowls, whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- *Prep time does not include proof & rising time
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: bread
Keywords: bubble bread, no knead bread, overnight bread