These Broiled Chocolate Chip Cookies are deliciously thick and chewy in the middle with perfect crispy tops and edges– thanks to the broiler.
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (130g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (80g)
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (45g // or substitute with non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp miso paste (5g), optional (or sub with 1/8 tsp salt)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10g)
- 1/3 cup fine oat flour (40g)
- ¼ cup almond flour (28g)
- 2 tbsp sweet rice flour (26g)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (48g)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (2.5g)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + more for topping (50g)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl, add in the cashew butter, maple syrup, aquafaba, miso paste (or salt) and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined. Add in the oat flour, almond flour, sweet rice flour, coconut sugar and baking soda and mix until a thick batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop and portion out 10 balls onto the prepared cookie sheet leave about 1-2 inches of space between each cookie (they don’t spread much).
- Set oven to broil and broil for 60 – 90 seconds, keeping an eye on them the entire time. Once you start to see it brown on the top immediately drop the temperature down to 350 F and bake for 10-12 minutes. For my oven, they were perfect at 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack for another 5-8 minutes. You can eat them still warm or let them cool completely. Enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 17
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: thick and chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies, broiled chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies