Easy Vegan Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins made with wholesome ingredients with just 1-bowl. Perfect for breakfast, snacking and are freezer friendly too! (Oil Free + Refined Sugar Free)
- 2/3 cup coconut yogurt or silken tofu puree (166 // I use a combination of both half and half)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (100g)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (45g // or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar + 2 tbsp water)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10g)
- 1 cup oat flour (125g)
- 1 cup almond flour (112g)
- 2 tbsp potato starch (14g // or tapioca starch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 heaping cup blueberries (80g)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (50g)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F. Grease or line 8 cups in a muffin tin.
- Into a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut yogurt, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Add in the oat flour, almond flour, potato starch and salt. Sift in the baking powder and baking soda and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide between 8 muffin cups and then bake for 5 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 F and then bake for another 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Check by inserting a toothpick into the centre of the muffin, it should come out clean (few cooked crumbs are okay). As well, gently press the top of a muffin and check for it to spring back up. If it does, they’re ready to be taken out.
- Let them cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 13.5g
- Sodium: 478mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28.5g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan blueberry muffins, almond flour muffins, oat flour muffins, gluten free muffins, healthy blueberry muffins