Super flavourful BBQ Pasta Salad that screams summer! Packed with chewy pasta, chickpeas, corn and lots of fresh veggies all tossed in a creamy barbecue sauce. (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- 8 oz short pasta (224g)
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (120g // or vegan mayo/sour cream)*
- 1/4–1/3 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce (60-80g)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (15g)
- 2 tsp buffalo hot sauce (10g)
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili or cayenne powder, optional
- 1 cup fresh cooked or canned corn (180g)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped (110g)
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (100g)
- 2 green onions, sliced (30g)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (400g // about 1 19oz can of chickpeas)
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta until al dente following manufactures instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cashew cream, bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Add the cooked pasta, celery, corn, bell pepper, onions and chickpeas to a bowl. Pour in all the dressing and toss until everything is well coated.
- Serve right away with some cilantro or cover and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have any cashew cream, vegan mayo or sour cream on hand, add the dressing ingredients along with 1/2 cup of soaked cashews and 1/4-1/3 cup of filtered water to a high speed bender and blend until smooth.
- Helpful Equipment: mixing bowls
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: sides
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 424mg
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 50.6g
- Fiber: 11.6g
- Protein: 17.10g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: bbq pasta salad, chickpea pasta salad, vegan pasta salad, gluten free pasta salad