These Baked Banana Bread Donuts are EVERYTHING. Ultra moist and tender crumb, topped with fluffy whipped coffee, not overly sweet and made with wholesome pantry staple ingredients! Vegan, gluten free and oil free.
Banana Bread Donuts
- 1/3 cup non dairy milk (83ml)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup mashed bananas (150g // about 2 small bananas)
- 2 tbsp runny tahini (30g // or any runny nut butter of choice)
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup (30g)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour (90g // made from blending 1 cup of rolled oats or store bought)
- 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats (30g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
Whipped Coffee Topping
- 3 tbsp instant coffee (18g)
- 3 tbsp hot water (45ml)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (26g // I use organic cane or coconut sugar)
- Mix the non dairy milk and lemon juice together in a large mixing bowl. In the meantime, pre heat the oven to 350 F, grease your donut pan, gather the rest of your ingredients and measure out the bananas. Mash the bananas in the same bowl with the non dairy milk and lemon juice mixture. Stir in the tahini, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon until combined.
- Add in the oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a spatula, mix until combined.
- Divide the batter into a donut pan that holds 6 servings. Bake for 15-18 minutes rotating the donut pan half way.
- Let it cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes and then carefully remove each donut from the pan. They should slide out easily just by running the edges with a dull knife or spoon. Let them cool on a wire rack until fully cooled.
- While waiting for the donuts to cool, make the whipped coffee. Add the ingredients into a mason jar or deep mixing bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Once dissolved, use a electric hand held mixer to whip until stiff peaks form– it should look like whip cream! For details instructions and other methods of making it, check out my Ultimate Guide to Whipped Coffee.
- Once the donuts are cooled, add whipped coffee to the donuts and serve.
- Storage: Only add the whipped coffee to the donuts you’re eating immediately. The donuts (without the whipped coffee on top) can be stored in a container covered but UNSEALED for 2-3 days. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. To re-heat, thaw them on the kitchen counter or microwave with a lightly damp paper towel on top for 30 seconds or until warm.
- Helpful Equipment: Mixing bowl, electric hand held mixer, donut pan, spatula
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 11.9g
- Sodium: 141mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.35g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: banana bread donuts, baked breakfast donuts, vegan banana bread, gluten free banana bread, healthy banana donuts, whipped coffee