A simple recipe to achieve the perfect baked Japanese sweet potato that tastes just like authentic Yaki Imo: crispy and caramelized on the outside, creamy sweet on the inside, and taste like cake! The best healthy snack to have during the fall and winter.
- 5 Japanese sweet potatoes (approx. 250-350g each)
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Prick a few holes into them with a fork. Wrap with foil or leave them as is (see blog post for details).
- Without pre-heating, place them into the oven (you can use a baking tray or place them straight onto the wire rack int he oven) and bake at 325 F for 70-90 minutes OR 375 F for 50-65 minutes (see blog post for textural difference between the two temperatures) or until you can insert a chopstick through the potatoes easily.
- Turn off the oven and them rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Category: sides
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: roasted sweet potatoes, japanese sweet potato, satsumaimo, yaki imo