Air Fryer Korean Candied Sweet Potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender and fluffy on the inside. A sweet and delicious made with just 4 simple ingredients! Vegan, gluten free & oil free.
- 1 large Japanese Sweet Potato (500g)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- Peel the skin of the sweet potato. Cut the potato into around 1 inch chunks and soak in water for 8-10 minutes to remove the excess starch. Rinse the potatoes 2-3 times.
- Place the sweet potatoes into the air fryer at 380 for 20-25 minutes. Shake the basket half way through.
- Into a small pan add the water, maple syrup and sugar over medium heat. Swirl the pan until the sugar dissolves completely. DO NOT stir as this causes the sugar to dissolve unevenly and becomes clumpy. Once the sugar becomes slightly caramelized, add in the sweet potatoes. Reduce the heat to low. Shake the pan and mix using chopsticks to coat each piece evenly.
- Transfer the sweet potato potatoes onto parchment paper and add the black sesame seeds.
- These candied sweet potatoes are best eaten fresh. They tend to get less crunchy as time goes by. If you do end up having left overs, store them in the fridge in a container. They become syrup-y but are still delicious!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: Korean
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 31.6g
- Sodium: 139mg
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: air fryer Korean candied sweet potatoes