These BBQ Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings are rich and smoky in flavour, and coated with the perfect amount of batter. They’re healthy, requires just 4 ingredients and super easy to make! Vegan, oil free + gluten free option.
Cauliflower Wings have been around for awhile now and I am SO mad at myself for just discovering how delicious they are. If you haven’t tried Cauliflower Wings, you must!!
There’s only 4 ingredients that go into making Cauliflower Wings: flour, plant milk, a sauce and cauliflower! A dash or salt and pepper if you fancy. You probably already have these ingredients in your house too. Most cauliflower wings I’ve seen on the net are buffalo style, but I’m a BBQ type of girl so I decided to use my Chocolate Coffee BBQ Sauce.
I used my air fryer to make these BBQ Cauliflower Wings because
- it’s so much faster to make than the oven
- I don’t need to make my entire kitchen super hot!
- I find they crisp up the wings a little nicer
BUT I have written down below how you can make these BBQ Cauliflower Wings in the oven.
I remember when making my Herb Crusted Cauliflower Steak that cauliflower does this magical thing where it “pulls apart” from each other, which I think mimics chicken wings that much more. It’s so satisfying and fun to eat.
A side of ranch and sweet and spicy mayo… yes please! Trust me guys, you have to give this BBQ Cauliflower Wings a try- it’s going to be your next go-to snack/appetizer or you know what, even make it a part of your entree! The best way to get your vegetables in IMO.
These Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower “Wings” are so addicting, I hope you love them! They’re:
- perfectly battered
- slightly crispy on the edges
- and damn tasty!
Tips and Tricks to making Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower “Wings”
- If you prefer less battery or saucy cauliflower wings use a brush and coat instead of dunking them straight into the dredge/sauce.
- Flip the wings mid way each session in the appliance to get even air frying/baking.
- NO OVEN? NO PROBLEM! Follow same steps until step 4. Instead of putting it into the airfryer, place onto a lined baking tray and into your preheated oven at 350 for 18-20 minutes (slightly browned). Remove from the oven, coat it in some BBQ sauce and place it back into the oven for another 5-6 minutes.
If you recreate this Air Fryer BBQ Cauliflower “Wings” recipe let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below or by tagging me on Instagram @Okonomikitchen, I love seeing all of your tasty recreations!Print
These BBQ Cauliflower Wings are rich and smoky in flavour, and coated with the perfect amount of batter. They’re healthy, requires just 4 ingredients and super easy to make!
- 2/3 cup of homemade Coffee Infused BBQ Sauce (or your choice of BBQ sauce
- 1 lbs of cauliflower florets (around 1 medium head)
- 1/3 cup of flour (AP or gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 375 F (for 4 minutes).
- Start by cutting up your cauliflower into “wing” sized pieces.
- Whisk together the flour and soy milk until smooth. It should be the consistency of a typical dredge (or pancake mix). Start with the given amount of soy milk. If too thick, add a bit more water (1 tbsp at a time).
- Coat each cauliflower piece with the dredge then place into the air fryer basket (do your best to not let them touch). Let it air fry for 12 minutes
- Take them out and then dip them in the bbq sauce and place back into the air fryer for an additional 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 424
- Sugar: 26.6g
- Sodium: 2369mg
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 79.7g
- Fiber: 17.2g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: BBQ air fryer cauliflower wings