This 1-Bowl Vegan Zucchini Bread is moist, fluffy and made with just 10 wholesome ingredients! (Gluten-free & Oil-free)
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax seeds + 4 tbsp water (10g)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar (72g)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (62g)*
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (62)
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (8g)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10g)
- 1 large zucchini (230g, 170g after squeezing out excess liquid)
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free flour (190g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line a 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flax seed and water together and let it sit for 10 minutes until thick.
- In the meantime, grate the zucchini and then gently squeeze out excess liquid. It should weight around 230g before squeezing out the liquid and then 170g after.
- Into a large bowl, add in the coconut sugar, apple sauce, peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Stir well to combine. Then mix in the flax egg and zucchini.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder,baking soda and cinnamon if using. Mix the batter using a folding motion until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and place into the oven for 50-55 minutes. At the 30 minute mark, rotate the loaf pan and cover with tin foil. Place it back into the oven until fully cooked through. Test with a toothpick by inserting it in the middle of the loaf and making sure it comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and allow it to fully cool before slicing through.
- If no apple sauce, substitute with full fat coconut milk. It adds an extra richness to it which is really nice.
- For a less sweet zucchini bread, reduce sugar to 1/4 cup. For a sweeter zucchini bread, increase sugar to 1/2 cup.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 13.9g
- Sodium: 378mg
- Fat: 6.67g
- Saturated Fat: 1.24g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.85g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 39.27g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 7.34g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: 1 bowl vegan zucchini bread